20 Questions with: Rebecca Jaycox
1. Coffee or Tea?
Cappuccino in the morning and early afternoon. Then I might switch to iced tea later on. I have a caffeine problem. Didn’t I mention that?
2. Favorite Author: I don’t have one. I have several authors I love such as Ilona Andrews, Patricia Briggs, and Maggie Stiefvater. Instead of a favorite author, I have a top 10 list.
3. One story, that has stuck with you?
Oddly enough, something totally out of my genre. “The Thornbirds” has always stuck with me. It’s gotten forbidden love, the Australian outback, World War II, and lots and lots of tragedy.
4. Scariest movie you’ve ever seen?
Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I refuse to watch the Exorcist. I know I can’t handle it. Oh, and Penny Dreadful scared the crap out of me.
5. Favorite Actor: Um, at the moment, Benedict Cumberbatch. Maybe.
6. Favorite Quote form a TV show? Spike from Buffy: I love syphilis more than I love you.
7. Do pineapples belong on pizza? No! The Italians are shuddering right now.
8. What’s one thing you will never eat?
I can’t eat intestines. Just no.
9. If you had a million dollars, what would you do?
Hmm, what does a million get you these days? I’d probably buy a little cottage in the south of France or Crete and just write.
10. One book you wish you could read for the first time?
The Scorpio Races. Lovely.
11. Who would your rather, have Jon Snow save you or Buffy?
Why must you ask difficult questions? God, I’ll go with Buffy only because she’ll have a much better quip prepared. And I might see Spike.
12. Do you have a hobby?
Besides writing novels, I do love to read and travel. I travel every chance I get.
13. What have you dressed up as for Halloween?
Last time I dressed up, I was a naughty Alice in Wonderland. My niece got so much candy!
14. Snickers or Twix?
Hmmm, Godiva dark chocolate. Yes, I’m a chocolate snob.
15. Write a Horror Story in just Five Words: The Darkness devoured the world.
16. What movie scared you as a child? IT. Who am I kidding? It scares me now!
17. Do you like Olives?
Yep, love me some Kalamata olives. I’m married to a Greek man. I think it’s a requirement or something.
18. Favorite Superhero: Three-way tie between Wonder Woman, Spiderman, and Wolverine. I blame Hugh Jackman.
19. With whom would you most like to go Trick or Treating with?
Maybe Neil Gaiman.
20. What is something you have tried but will never do again?
I ate blood sausage once, but I’m not sure I’d do it again.
CHECKOUT REBECCA'S NOVELS!! CURRENTLY ON KINDLE UNLIMITED
Rebecca Jaycox grew up in the tiny town of Berryman, which borders the Mark Twain National Forest and the Courtois River about 70 miles south of St. Louis. The beautiful landscape fed her imagination, and she began writing stories at age 10 and never stopped. Always seeking adventure, Rebecca moved to France after she graduated college with a journalism degree to teach English at a French high school. Bitten by the travel bug, she has recently visited Italy, Greece, Austria, Spain, and finally made it to her bucket-list destination of Istanbul last summer. Rebecca now lives in New York City with her husband, Gregory. She enjoys reading and writing fantasy, urban fantasy, steampunk, and science fiction. The Other Inheritance is her first novel.